Protection against cyber threats is recognized as a necessary component of an effective risk management approach, typically based on a well-known cybersecurity framework. A growing area to further mitigate risks and provide organizations with the high level of protection they need is cyber insurance. However, itâ€™s not as simple as buying a pre-packaged policy. In fact, itâ€™s critical to identify what risks and conditions are excluded from a cyber insurance policy before you buy.
Determining what kind of cyber insurance your business needs or if the policy you have will really cover you in the event of an incident is challenging. On August 27, 2020 the SNIA Cloud Storage Technologies Initiative (CSTI) will host a live webcast, â€œDoes Your Storage Need a Cyber Insurance Tune-Up?â€ where weâ€™ll examine how cyber insurance fits in a risk management program.
Weâ€™ll identify key terms and conditions that should be understood and carefully negotiated as cyber insurance policies may not cover all types of losses.
Join this webcast to learn:
- General threat tactics, risk management approaches, cybersecurity frameworks
- How cyber insurance fits within an enterprise data security strategy
- Nuances of cyber insurance â€“ exclusions, exemption, triggers, deductibles and payouts
- Reputational damage considerations
- Challenges associated with data stored in the cloud
Thereâ€™s a lot to cover when it comes to this topic. In fact, we may need to offer a â€œPart Twoâ€ to this webcast, but hope you will register today to join us on August 27th.