What are the issues emerging for Hyperscalers and storage? Find out on March 10th when Iâ€™ll be presenting at Storage Field Day. The brainchild of Stephen Foskett, Storage Field Day brings together thought leadersÂ to share information and opinions in a presentation and discussion format with a carefully selected delegate panel of independent bloggers, speakers, freelance writers, and other social media tech influencers.
As large enterprise customers take a queue from Hyperscalers like Google and Amazon and build their own storage systems using software defined storage and best-in-class commodity components, assembled in racks, a range of issues around drives, APIs and tail latency are emerging.
Join me on March 10th at 9:00 am PT via live stream to hear:
- Increasing attention to the fast growing Hyperscaler storage market by drive and SDS vendors
- Metrics for disk: IOPS, capacity, lower tail latency, security and lower TCO
- The importance of tail latency and tail latency remediation
- Current fractured approach of new features via RFP procurement does not scale
- The impact on the supply chain
- How the industry can respond to these technical requirements to promote adoption and standards for Hyperscaler storage
- Case study â€“ large global bank goes Hyperscaler
And keep an eye on Twitter during Storage Field Days for what we hope will be a lively debate on the issues raised during this Hyperscaler storage presentation.