When it comes to the cloud, security is always a topic for discussion. Standards organizations like SNIA are in the vanguard of describing cloud concepts and usage, and (as you might expect) are leading on how and where security fits in this new world of dispersed and publicly stored and managed data. On July 20th, the SNIA Cloud Storage Initiative is hosting a live webcast â€œThe State of Cloud Security.â€ In this webcast, I will be joined by SNIA experts Eric Hibbard and Mark Carlson who will take us through a discussion of existing cloud and emerging technologies, such as the Internet of Things (IoT), Analytics & Big Data, and more, and explain how weâ€™re describing and solving the significant security concerns these technologies are creating. They will discuss emerging ISO/IEC standards, SLA frameworks and security and privacy certifications. This webcast will be of interest to managers and acquirers of cloud storage (whether internal or external), and developers of private and public cloud solutions who want to know more about security and privacy in the cloud.
Topics covered will include:
- Summary of theÂ standards developing organization (SDO) activities:
- Work on cloud concepts, Cloud Data Management Interface (CDMI), an SLA framework, and cloud security and privacy
- Securing the Cloud Supply Chain:
- Outsourcing and cloud security, Cloud Certifications (FedRAMP, CSA STAR)
- Emerging & Related Technologies:
- Virtualization/Containers, Federation, Big Data/Analytics in the Cloud, IoT and the Cloud
Register today. We hope to see you on July 20th where Eric, Mark and I will be ready to answer your cloud security questions.