Have you ever wondered how intelligent Industry 4.0 factories or smart cities of the future will process massive amounts of sensor and machine data? What you may not expect is a digital twin will most likely play a role. A digital twin is a virtual representation of an object, system or process that spans its lifecycle, is updated from real-time data, and uses simulation, machine learning and reasoning to help decision-making. Digital twins can be used to help answer what-if AI-analytics questions, yield insights on business objectives and make recommendations on how to control or improve outcomes.
It’s fascinating technology that the SNIA Cloud Storage Technologies Initiative (CSTI) will cover at our live webcast “Journey to the Center of Massive Data: Digital Twins” on December 6, 2022. At this session, our SNIA experts will introduce digital twin usage in edge IoT applications, highlighting what is available today, what to expect in the next couple of years, and what the future holds. We will provide examples of how digital twin methods help capture virtual representation of real-world entities and processes, discussing:
- What is driving the edge IoT need
- Data analytics problems solved by digital twins
- How digital twins are being used today, tomorrow and beyond
- Use cases: adaptive agile factories, massive data generation across industries, and system of systems processes
- Why this is a technology and trend that is here to stay
Register today to join us on December 6, 2022 as we guide you through a digital twin journey.