On May 14th the SNIA-CSI (Cloud Storage Initiative) will be hosting a live Webcast “Hierarchical Erasure Coding: Making erasure coding usable.” This technical talk, presented by Vishnu Vardhan, Sr. Manager, Object Storage, at NetApp and myself, will cover two different approaches to erasure coding – a flat erasure code across JBOD, and a hierarchical code with an inner code and an outer code. This Webcast, part of the SNIA-CSI developer’s series, will compare the two approaches on different parameters that impact the IT business and provide guidance on evaluating object storage solutions. You’ll learn:
- Industry dynamics
- Erasure coding vs. RAID – Which is better?
- When is erasure coding a good fit?
- Hierarchical Erasure Coding- The next generation
- How hierarchical codes make growth easier
- Key areas where hierarchical coding is better than flat erasure codes
Register now and bring your questions. Vishnu and I will look forward to answering them.