On May 14th the SNIA-CSI (Cloud Storage Initiative) will be hosting a live Webcast â€œHierarchical Erasure Coding: Making erasure coding usable.â€ This technical talk, presented by Vishnu Vardhan, Sr. Manager, Object Storage, at NetApp and myself, will cover two different approaches to erasure coding â€“ a flat erasure code across JBOD, and a hierarchical code with an inner code and an outer code. This Webcast, part of the SNIA-CSI developerâ€™s series, will compare the two approaches on different parameters that impact the IT business and provide guidance on evaluating object storage solutions. Youâ€™ll learn:
- Industry dynamics
- Erasure coding vs. RAID â€“ Which is better?
- When is erasure coding a good fit?
- Hierarchical Erasure Coding- The next generation
- How hierarchical codes make growth easier
- Key areas where hierarchical coding is better than flat erasure codes
Register now and bring your questions. Vishnu and I will look forward to answering them.